Consumer Health Ratings
ConsumerHealthRatings.com provides the most comprehensive listing of organizations that rate or report performance on specific hospitals, health plans, physicians, nursing homes, home health agencies and other health care providers in the United States. The ratings information is free.
In addition, this site helps consumers get an idea of healthcare costs for common services like outpatient surgery, an Emergency Department ER visit, or a visit to the doctor’s office.
This is the place to inform yourself about healthcare costs and quality before a medical crisis hits and you find yourself in an Emergency Department. Mortality is no laughing matter. Now is the time to plan ahead by making sure your local healthcare meets your standards. At ConsumerHealthRatings.com, you will learn you have more choices than you ever thought possible.
We find credible and respected reports made by others and link them at Consumer Health Ratings.
This site helps you:
- Check your physician’s credentials such as licensure and board certification.
- Compare hospitals on preventing surgical infections and complications, or infections that might be picked up in the ICU.
- Learn which hospitals have more satisfied patients. Find out how many patients at a hospital near you, understand instructions at discharge when they’re ready to go home.
- Compare nursing homes to find a 4- or 5-star nursing home near you.
- Research home health agencies, kidney dialysis centers and transplant programs.
- Find the health plans or medical groups that are more successful in treating diabetic patients, have better mental health follow-up or are rated high in member satisfaction.
- Discover which doctors have significantly better survival rates or complication rates on hip or knee surgery, or cardiac surgery.
Consumer Health Ratings is provided as a public service by The Dahlen Company, LLC. The Dahlen Company facilitates retreats and provides consulting and interim CEO services for boards of directors and executive leadership teams. The organization specializes in healthcare. It helps companies and healthcare systems understand and better meet consumer needs. Gretchen M. Dahlen, FACHE, has served as its President since its inception in 1993.